Friday 1 March 2013

Task 4D - The Award Title

This has been playing on my mind as I feel its an important decision which I want to get right!

The other day myself, Mel and Chelsea decided to get together so we could discuss the module so far and our thoughts with our enquires etc. We also looked at different options for our award title giving reasons behind it!

I have come up with a few variations and would like to hear what you think!


  • BA Hons Professional Practice Musical Theatre


(This one I may feel is to basic, its very broad. However my rational behind it is that is what my study of CPD is going to be in. Also the majority of my previous training has been in this area.)

I then toyed with some more specific titles.

  • BA Hons Professional Practice Musical Theatre Education 
(I felt the word education was also relevant as my enquiry in to CPD within the Arts is going to be of value to those in our industry and I feel it could educate them in to how important it really can be)

  • BA Hons Professional Practice Theatre Arts Development 
(I thought about using the words Theatre Arts as the question that my enquiry poses is 'The importance of CPD within the Arts' Hence why I feel Theatre Arts was relevant. More over I feel my enquiry will help develop the performer, which is why I used development. 

  • BA Hons Professional Practice Theatre Arts
(This is just a more basic version of the above title as I remembered Rosemary said not to be too specific?) 
  • BA Hons Professional Practice Theatre Arts Education
(This is very similar to the above title with Musical Theatre is has similar rational to that one just similar on a theme!)

The reason I have used words like education and development is that I personally feel my enquiry will open peoples eyes and help their professional practice. Not only that but I also would like to potentially peruse a PGCE in Drama so I need a relevant degree.  Another reason why my awards title is so important!! 

Please have a look and let me know what you think, and I feel that this is a really valuable task! 

2 comments:

  1. Good discussion and good range of choices - the education one is usually for people who are directly working in education at this time. Also good to simplify title so will serve you in all eventualities.Bw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula thanks for commenting. Yes I feel the education title does not directly fit with my enquiry. What are your thoughts on the use of the word development? I feel it ties in but would like you opinion?

    ReplyDelete