Tuesday 5 March 2013

5B - Codes of practice with in Theatre!

I have found this blog which I found really interesting and think you should read. It explores the codes of ethics and although it was written in 1945 most of the principles still apply now!

Code of Ethics Blog

I think within our industry our code of ethics lies among our professional conduct and the way we carry ourselves in our day to day life whether it be in a contract or at an audition.

Not only do I feel the above aspect is important, I also think we have a code of ethics when it comes to our audiences. The blog above touches upon it but I feel strongly towards the fact that whether there is 300 or 3000 people in the audience you should give them an equally as good performance!!

I think there is some stigma around equity but if as a performer you need any advise around our code of ethics or have an issue during a contract they are there to help so its a good go to if you ever have a problem or just want to find something out! I myself am a member and have gone to them before for advise and know many others who have too.

There is an endless list I could probably write about ethical codes with in our industry but I am going to give you my top 5!

1. Respect others, whether is mean being on time or having spacial awareness in auditions.
2. Treat others how you would like to be treated.
3. Adhere to your company ethos, as we all know we change jobs frequently depending what shows are around, but you must remember your next company may not work in the same way your current one does, so bear that in mind!
4. Be truthful, may it be in a performance or to yourself.
5. Always give 110% Although its a cliché when your self employed and constantly being told no you just need to get back up and fight for what you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment