Monday 26 November 2012

Week two in Pantoland!

Hello All,

So I have now finished week two of Pantoland and I am enjoying a well deserved day off before the dreaded tech week starts tomorrow!

Where to begin....first of all I was so pleased with the response of last weeks blog. Its one thing doing our tasks on here but actually blogging was a bit of a novelty! So hopefully this weeks will prove a success too!

An excited part of this week was finding out who we were understudying. I am going to be understudying Cinderella but I have good faith she won't go off, but I guess you never know. Learning from experience (last year) I haven't started to learn her part yet as the script they are using now doesn't resemble to the one we got given on day one, so I am waiting for the stage manager to update them and give it to us next week. Rather than learn the wrong thing and make my job ten times harder!! Thankfully I am not understudying the Fairy, she is played by a Scottish comedian, Karen Dunbar. She is incredibly funny and witty and her jokes change every time we do it. I do not envy Lauren who has that job!

This year in our rehearsal space we have not had any mirrors. To a normal person this may not be an issue, but I have found it tricky learning the choreography with out one. The real challenge was when cleaning our dance numbers, as normally you can just look in a mirror to see what your doing wrong but this time we had to 'feel' it! At first we were all struggling with out them but now I am a pro! I think this experience will really help me in audition situations when you don't have a mirror to learn in. Normally I would have panicked but over the last two weeks I have plenty of practice so in future will be able to stay calm about the situation and just think about how I did it in rehearsals.

After a busy week instead of going out this weekend, I decided on putting my feet up and enjoying a glass of wine.


I also had to pack up digs number on in oder to move to our new luxurious apartment which has internet!

During our move we hit a slight problem. After packing up and carrying everything down about 4 flights of stairs we were ready to pack up the the car. Everything was going so well until we locked ourselves out! Baring in mind the front door never normally shuts properly and we put it on the latch just incase, it locked us out! We had to leave the keys in the flat for the landlord so didn't have them, and we were so close with only a few bags left to go in! As we are in Scotland it was raining too. Eventually after a lot of banging on the front door and shouting a kind young man appeared to rescue us! Note to self....even if you have to leave the keys in the flat do it last once everything is packed!


Our new place is amazing, world apart from our one bed studio!
One bed studio! 
Penthouse mansion! 






As you can see our other place would fit twice into our new living room, and the best bit is we both have our own rooms and beds!

I have been catching up on blogs today commenting away in order to complete task 3d and also see what everyone has been upto. I have put aside some time today to also get started on the essay so we will see how that goes!

I am in tech next week so will keep you posted with the progress of the show. We open on friday so should be a good week! I also have a new toy.........An ipad! So can blog on the go, even mid show if I fancy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment