Sunday 18 November 2012

Hi ho hi ho off to Panto we go!

Hello All,

It's that time of year where all us actors and dancers disappear off to pantoland. I have now been in Glasgow rehearsing for a week but my current digs have no internet hence why my blog has been rather quiet, so I am now spending my day off in Starbucks using their free wifi to catch up on everything I have been missing. Thankfully we are moving to new digs next week which not only has internet but its also a penthouse!! Cant wait!

It all started with an 8 hour road trip from London up to Glasgow. The first hurdle was trying to cram my life into two suitcases and then combining them with Dans  (a guy in my cast who drove up with me)  and trying to get them in his car! Luckily we had the help of my step dad and his dad and between them they managed to do it!







Rehearsals are going well so far but came as a shock to the system. By day three my body felt as though I had been pushed down a flight of stairs and should have been lying in a hospital bed! Not been thrown around to footloose!

As usual the costumes are always a funny part of
the week, having now seen them and especially the hats who knows how we will overcome the hurdle of dancing in those!




We finished the week with a stagger through of the show and then hit the town! We decided that you can't know your cast properly until you all go out and have a few drinks so it would have been rude not to. Ended up in at 3 this morning eating one of Glasgow's finest dishes, no it wasn't a battered mars bar but it was another fine delicacy called 'Chicken Pakora'. You can't beat it after a night out, so if you ever are up this way I would recommend it! All in all it was a successful night mainly because for once it wasn't raining.



There will be more to follow regarding pantoland in next weeks instalment! Better get out of Starbucks before I get dodgy looks for being here too long! Over and out! x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Hannah fantastic - your explanations of the rehearsal period are useful and your dedication to keeping engaged a good lesson to us all. Hopefully the Christmas season will be one where many performers are in work as families celebrate the holiday season. Costumes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the Panto in Glasgow ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments. Will be filling you in with the next instalment later today!

    ReplyDelete