Saturday 23 February 2013

Task 4a part 1. My ideas and set of questions!

I have been thinking about suitable questions that link with my professional practice. Also ones that would interest me as we have to stick with our line of enquiry for a long time.
I was getting stuck in a rut but the campus session helped open my eyes to what I could look into.
Having also spoken to members of my SIG I have come to the conclusion that we must find a question which is very clear and concise. We want open questions that give themselves to plenty of answers and paths you can go down, you do not want a pseudo question which leads to a dead end!

A few themes that came up were ;


  • success in musical theatre
  • heath and nutrition
  • transitioning careers
  • different approaches to acting 
  • learning styles in dance


I have come up with a few questions of my own and I would really appreciate some comments with feedback ;

  1. What is the importance of continuing professional development in the arts?
  2. How to develop a successful audition technique within Musical Theatre? 
  3. How to handle and learn from auditions and rejection within Musical Theatre?
  4. Does both teaching and performing professionally help or hinder each other?

I personally feel strongest about working with question number 2. As it is relevant to my professional practice at the moment also thinking about the 3rd module I feel I could produce a very interesting presentation and present a creative professional artefact using the topic? 

Like i said earlier in the blog please comment as feedback is vital in this module! I promise ill return the favour! 

                                               

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, I think you're right to focus on what is having the greatest affect on you at this moment as after all, if that's what you're most interested in then that's what you will work harder on, especially as it should affect your work aswell!

    How do you think you would inquire into that? Talk to people that you know have been successful? Try and speak to somebody on the other side of things who is the one picking people out in auditions?

    I agree we all need to really help each other out this term so I'd appreciate any feedback from you aswell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare

    Thanks for your comment! I think one of the most frustrating things we may come across this term is waiting on others feed back. I can be quite impatient when I want to get things done so I am finding it hard already! I will check out your blog and see what's going on:) I also posted some a research blog and would appriciate your thoughts?

    Thanks
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah,

      Yeh I know exactly what you mean, I was really frustrated with that at the end of last term. Have to admit I'm a bit behind because (not making excuses!) I've been ill lately n just had no energy or willpower BUT I'm alot better this week n trying my best to get my head in gear and sort myself out! So I will have a look at your research blog and see if I can offer any thoughts n will post some more ideas on my own blog too! x

      Delete
  3. Hey han, I *think* im now following you... there should be an option on my blogg to do the same... not sure. Err your question about how to handle rejection will be interesting andmay overlap with my topic of the key to being successful. I mean you need to be able to deal with everything this horrible and wonderful industry throws at you and how do you make sure your prepared for that?x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hannah,
    I totally agree with you, and Clare, that it is really important to be passionate about the topic we choose for our inquiry. In Reader 4 it suggests that the goal of the inquiry should be 'to explore a topic that will benefit your work and the work of your colleagues and fellow professionals' (p.3) and I think that your line of inquiry sounds like it would be of invaluable use to anyone pursuing a career in Musical Theatre.
    S

    ReplyDelete