Tuesday 8 April 2014

How to sum up our learning journey!

I'm sure I am not the only one who feels like they have come a millions miles since our first ever campus session back in September 2012! 

Through out the process we have all grown not only as professionals but people too.

When it came to writing my critical review it seemed impossible to put into words how far we have come. It's not something you can measure easily but more of a feeling. One which only you can understand however I will try my best to sum it up into words.

I now feel like a professional who has the skills to excel in my choosesn practice as well as the skills to help me achieve milestones my personal life. This BAPP is very well designed as from day one I have been on a journey of self development and accomplishment, anyone who got their hands on my learning journal would be able to see the small steps I took personally and my blog from day one is evidence of my academic and professional milestones. 

Even once our submission date has come upon us I will continue to strive for greatness utilising everything I have learnt along the way. For example I am already thinking ahead towards August which will be when I am unemployed. I have actively been connecting with my networks since my short break in January so that when I return in August I either have something lined up or have plenty of auditions. Also in our industry it's important to be in the know and know what's coming up production wise and whos casting what so it's vital I connect with my communities of practice and use social media to keep on top of all that too. 

I will also take away personal achievement and accomplishment come graduation day. Although this course is designed to be working professionally along side it, it doesn't mean it doesn't come with hard work and an up hill struggle. This last module for me has present exactly that for me. Having been on board a cruise ship it has presented me with many challenges. First of all the last 6 weeks have involved installing all of our shows so I have been battling a rigorous rehersal schedule as well as performing in our usual shows. Because of that we have also had limited port time as that is when the theatre is normally free, therefor my access to decent Internet has also been limited which has meant I have had to be extremely organised within my planning. Also our schedule is likely change at any minute so it means I have to be flexible about when I work, and sadly sometimes that means yet again less port and good Internet time, so it's vital to work quickly and efficiently when I do have it! 

Time management is an important professional skill but also a very useful life skill too, I feel expecially after tackling module three I can happily say I excell with in this area!! 

I am excited to complete my degree and to also see what is around the corner. Our industry can be very unpredictable which can cause several worries on many different levels however with the tools I am now equipt with I feel I am ready to handle anything that may be thrown my way! 



1 comment:

  1. Couldn't agree more! It has been such a long journey and a huge challenge but my Learning Diary does put into perspective how far I have come.

    ReplyDelete