Friday 7 December 2012

The Journey of Module One!

I don't know about anyone else but I feel that I have come along way since our induction day in late september.  I honestly feel like I have changed not only in the way I present myself professionally but also on a personal level.

I now stop and think about what has happened on a daily basis, evaluating what has happened and seeing if I can learn anything from the events. I am also aware of the people around me and how they can impact on my career, weather its your choreographer or wardrobe assistant they matter! I have come to realise that there is so much out there for us so we must use it! Get on the free casting website, check out the stage, it all helps!

I remember Paula telling us about it being a work based learning course and how we would be doing a lot of self development. Uni is not about being given the answers its about finding them out for yourself and learning along the way. I have come to realise how true this is.

I like many of you probably didn't realise what we were in for but I am so glad that I decided to enrol in the course. I feel like I have come on a journey and discovered a lot not only about my professional practice but my personal self too.

This module has highlighted to me how I can improve my professional practice and get more out of it.

  • Be assertive not passive! 
  • Always question things, don't accept them on face value. 
  • You get out what you put in!
  • Be aware.
  • Be open to other opinions and viewpoints.
  • There is no wrong or right! 
I would be really interested to see your thoughts and views on this matter. Please comments below and let me know if you feel the same? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah,
    It is amazing how far we have come, sadly I did not manage to make the induction day as I was away working, but I feel a connection with all the people on the course as we are all working towards the same goal and all sharing the same experiences. I am just trying to get my head around the dreaded essay and I found your blog so positive and uplifting that it encouraged me to write a list of all the things that I had learnt since starting the course, I certainly feel like you, that I've come a long way from the early weeks when I couldn't understand how to post a blog or set up a google account. I'm in panto at the moment like yourself and it isn't easy to find the time, but when you do sit down and complete a task and post it up the feeling is fantastic. Now i've done my list I'm wondering how i'm going to put what i've learnt in module one into 750 words. Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, what a lovely post this is. I too feel I have come along way since starting the course. Initially I felt so over whelmed when i printed off the course documents. In our work on web 2.0 my you tube video shows how much confidence I lacked with how i would manage tackle the work load. I left college at 19 and I am now 27 so it has been a huge personal step going back to learning again. I too am in the theatre at the moment so struggling to find time! I hope I can fit all my thoughts into the essay and format them so they make sense to the reader! I hope your panto run is going well and i look forward to reading more of your posts. Mimi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys it's nice to hear everyone feels the same. I have learnt so much but putting it into words is so difficult. I didn't know I was doing panto until like 3 days before it started and if I would have known I would have tried to get ahead more with my work before I came but unfortunately that wasn't the case so now I feel like I am running out of time.

    Betty I really like your idea of writing a list of everything you have learnt before writing the essay, I am going to try this too.
    Chelsie xx

    ReplyDelete