Saturday 8 March 2014

Ideas for my artefact

From the start of the inquiry process I have had some strong ideas for my professional artefact.

Due the the nature of our professional practice and the role social media plays with in it, I decided I wanted part of my artefact to be compatible for this. 

My artefact will have two parts to it, one will be a video with both audio and visual elements. The video will represent my findings and the importance they have to my professional practice and community. The reason I want it to be in video form is so that it can reach the optimum amount of professional peers as possible. In our social media savvy worlds it's so easy to click share on Facebook or Twitter, Upload a video to YouTube, or send a video via what's app! I want my video to have that potential. 

In combination with the video I will produce a small booklet, which will include pictures and written information. The reason for adding the booklet is to add another aspect for my academic audiences. From my research my professional peers prefere entertaining videos over reading booklets, however I feel for my academic audiences I want to put something down on pan and paper. It will also help with reinforcing my findings for those who also watch the video. 

I would really appreciate some thoughts? To see if you would enjoy the combination of artefacts as either an academic or professional peer? 


4 comments:

  1. Yes - choosing the audience is important - also choosing the materials for a video - if you shoot it yourself I have some permission sheets that I can send you - they are the same we use for our BAPP videos - maybe I should put these up for everyone. planning the artefact -you have not really done a storyboard of content year but it might be good to map it out so that you have some images that you can use and the style of presentation. Will the booklet be digital? Remember the artefact prioritises the professional audience - do you need it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula thanks for your comment. Yes I will be shooting it myself thank you for the release forms. I am planning on doing the story board once I have gathered and analysed all my data, in the final stages at the moment. I think I will decide whether the booklet is necessary when I have completed the video and decide if it is informative enough? How long would you recommend it is?
      Thanks Hannah

      Delete
  2. Hi Hannah, I really enjoyed reading your blog it sounds interesting and will be valuable to performers . I have confined myself to the dance teacher SIG groups and after your comment on my blog realised that I was missing out on some really interesting inquiries. I initially wanted to produce a video, I had intended to video interview teachers and question them on teaching boys and creating an environment conducive to boys learning psyche. After piloting an interview, I soon realised that this was not going to work for me. It was difficult to get anyone to consent to being videoed, also when I attempted the video, participants were noticeably aware of the camera and i felt their unease. I think as performers we forget that not everyone likes to perform to an audience, some of my participants were from mainstream education. I also realised that I could only ask a few teachers questions, whereas a booklet means that I can share all my research findings . Will your video involve others? I think you may double your workload if you choose to do a booklet alongside your video, although I think a booklet is a great aide memoire for your professional audience. When I first started the course I was on a ship, it made me smile when I read about your experience of phones in the cabins, they were so frustrating, but such a lifeline when you felt a long way from home. Hope you find the right medium for your artefact. Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betty

      Thanks for your comment, luckily my cast are all happy to be filmed, think its a good project for everyone. Especially as I am going to utilise some sea days! Im not sure on the booklet, the more I think about it the more I like the video, however I came across something really cool today while searching online and would love to do something similar as part of my artefact but sadly with the deadline time wont lend itself to me and with the lack of internet I am sadly unable to do it.

      Heres the link and go to open the journal. I think I may work on this after the inquiry as I think it would be a great tool to use.

      http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/interactives/marthagraham/index.htm



      Let me know your thoughts!

      Delete